Up to $45,000 to build your new home
If you’re a first home buyer or existing property owner and you’re thinking of building a new home…there is plenty to get excited about! We're pleased to announce the $25,000 Australian Government HomeBuilder Scheme in conjunction with the $20,000 Queensland Government First Home Owner Grant provides up to $45,000 to help turn your new home dreams into reality.
This is something not to be missed!
But don’t forget…the new home journey starts from the ground up. We have land from 400sqm to over 2000sqm now selling, Maidment Group is your one-stop shop for all things new home related.
Our team of experienced land and finance professionals can help you with everything you need to know about this once in a lifetime opportunity.
What you need to know...
How does the HomeBuilder grant program work?
HomeBuilder will provide eligible owner-occupiers (including first home buyers) with a grant of $25,000 to build a new home or substantially renovate an existing home where the contract is signed between
4 June 2020 and 31 December 2020. Construction must commence within three months of the contract date.
HomeBuilder will complement the Queensland Government First Home Owner Grant, stamp duty concessions and other grant schemes, as well as the Commonwealth’s First Home Loan Deposit Scheme and First Home Super Saver Scheme Under the program, individuals or couples who are building or renovating their homes can apply for a single payment of $25,000.
Do I qualify for the HomeBuilder grant?
To access HomeBuilder, owner-occupiers must meet the following eligibility criteria:
• you are a natural person (not a company or trust);
• you are aged 18 years or older;
• you are an Australian citizen;
• you meet one of the following two income caps: $125,000 per annum for an individual applicant based on your 2018-19 tax return or later; or $200,000 per annum for a couple based on both 2018-19 tax returns or later;
• you enter into a building contract between 4 June 2020 and 31 December 2020 to either: build a new home as a principal place of residence, where the property value does not exceed
$750,000; or substantially renovate your existing home as a principal place of residence, where the renovation contract is between $150,000 and $750,000, and where the value of your existing
property does not exceed $1.5 million;
• construction must commence within three months of the contract date