If you’re thinking of purchasing a home, but can’t decide whether building a new home is for you, the advantages may be more compelling than you think. Let's take a closer look...
- You can create your own masterpiece: whether you’re looking for open plan living, an oversized outdoor entertaining area or that extra room for the kids to play, building a new home gives you flexibility to design your home to suit your lifestyle needs.
- Choose fittings, fixtures and colour schemes to suit your style, not someone else’s.
- Avoid the cost of having to replace appliances that don’t work or repair issues in the home that need immediate attention; your new home and the appliances in it are brand new and often covered by warranty.
- Energy cost savings: today's new homes are far more energy efficient than homes built just five years ago let alone homes built 10 or 20 years ago. Designed to meet modern day energy standards and building codes, new homes combine energy efficiency with state-of-the-art materials all designed to keep your energy costs to a minimum.
- Access to community facilities: many new homes are built in master-planned communities which feature parks, playgrounds, recreational facilities and shopping precincts. This gives residents the opportunity to access essential services and lifestyle facilities all within the boundaries of the estate.
- Take advantage of government initiatives, such as the First Home Owner Grant, only available to newly constructed or substantially renovated homes. Taking advantage of this incentive could get you into your first home sooner or allow you to add those extra special touches to your new home.