Maidment Group is one of the largest fully integrated, privately-owned, property developers in North Queensland, with a comprehensive suite of property solutions including residential sub-divisions, new home construction, low-medium density residential development, as well as residential & commercial landscaping.
M Homes Townsville is the residential construction division of Maidment Group, with a diverse range of active projects across the region. The M Homes team is backed by 22 years of experience and design credibility to tackle everything from new home construction to the delivery of medium density projects, and commercial spaces.
We are currently seeking an experienced & licenced Builder to join our team!
About the role:
The recent acquisition of several development sites across the Townsville region by Maidment Group means there is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and licensed Builder to join M Homes Townsville.
Be part of delivering a broad range of built form projects from spec and custom homes within existing Maidment Group residential communities, to townhouse and low-medium density projects, including five storey apartment developments along The Strand.
You will be tasked with overseeing all aspects of the construction process, from planning to completion, ensuring each project is delivered on time, within budget, and to the highest quality standards.
Full-time permanent position. $120,000 - $200,000 (dependent on experience).
Some of the key responsibilities includes:
- Manage construction projects from start to finish, including scheduling, budgeting, and quality control.
- Work closely with clients, stakeholders and subcontractors to ensure that projects are completed on time and to the highest quality standards.
- Supervise and manage construction crews, ensuring that they are following safety protocols and working efficiently.
- Ensure that all construction work is completed in compliance with local building codes and regulations.
- Manage project budgets and ensure that costs are kept within budgeted limits.
- Conduct, document, and file regular facility and works inspections.
- Ensuring site WH&S, compliance and security.
- Ability to conduct toolbox meetings to communicate and train teams/individuals to the company’s expectations of safety, quality, and efficiency standards.
- Rostering of staff and trades.
To be considered, you should possess:
- Be a Trade Qualified Carpenter/Builder
- QBCC Low rise Builders Licence (essential)
- QBCC Open Builders Licence (preferred)
- Proven experience as a Builder, with a track record of managing construction projects from start to finish.
- Strong project management and leadership skills.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Unrestricted driver’s licence.
- Forklift licence (preferred).
- HR licence (preferred).