Need a home loan?
We can help!
With a fascinating history, a fantastic position and the scope to add your own touches, this unique West End home offers real potential and an opportunity you cannot afford to go past. Perched on the side of Castle Hill in a quiet little location shared by only a couple of other properties, this lovely heritage style home offers direct walk access to Castle Hill walking tracks, lovely bushland vistas and is still only minutes from the city centre, restaurants and caf's.
Amazing birdlife, wallabies and echidnas wander down into the garden from the hill, and when enjoying the lovely natural setting, you could be forgiven for believing you are in the middle of the bush and not the middle of the city.
Offering loads of charm, many original features have been retained including lovely leadlight casement and coloured glass casement windows.
Having benefited from a renovation in recent years, the home offers a lovely blend of character and modern finishes. The open plan living and dining spaces are light and bright and flow easily onto the large covered entertaining deck which has a lovely bush outlook. The classic country style timber kitchen is very spacious, is positioned adjoining the living spaces and also allows perfect access to the deck for summer entertaining. The family bathroom has been recently renovated in smart neutral tones and is spacious and contemporary.
All three bedrooms are of an excellent size and the main also has a private verandah space to enjoy. Extra space under provides a second bathroom and a large open plan area that could have many uses such as rumpus room or that teenager retreat. This property has a lovely and unique charm with an amazing position. Positioned on an extra large 1012m2 which provides plenty of space for the kids to play as well as some areas that are gently sloped, the perfect attribute to create a fantastic terraced garden. This home is a delight to inspect and positions like this become available very rarely.
• Large 1012sqm block
• Open plan living area with air conditioning
• Three spacious bedrooms with air conditioning and walk-in robe to the main
• Modern bathroom with spa bath
• Separate study
• Entertain on the large covered verandah with views of Castle Hill
• Extra guest room, bathroom, toilet and large activity/rumpus room underneath
• Undercover carport, garage and workshop area downstairs
• Recently refurbished lead light casement windows in silky oak frames
• Situated in a convenient location five minutes from the airport, CBD, The Strand, Castletown and new North Queensland Stadium site.
• Landscaped gardens with two fish ponds, wet season creek and bridge
• Drip irrigated gardens with established palms, tropical fruits, herbs and spices
• NBN and Foxtel installed
- Property Type: House
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 2
- Land Size: 1012 m² (approx)
- Air Conditioning
- Garage Spaces: 2
- Built-In Wardrobes
- Close to Schools
- Close to Shops
- Close to Transport
About - 28 Green Street, WEST END, QLD 4810